Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pa Elk License 2011 Results

Pennsylvania Game Commission officials held a public drawing to award 56 elk licenses for the 2011 season. The event also was webcast via the agency’s website, the drawing drew 599 viewers, and served as a means to enable more people to view the public drawing. All 56 hunters selected to receive a license will be mailed a confirmation letter within about a week.

Of the 18 antlered elk licenses, 17 were awarded to Pennsylvania residents, and one awarded to a hunter from Ohio. All 38 antlerless elk licenses were awarded to Pennsylvanians.

All elk license recipients must obtain a general hunting license prior to purchasing their elk license. Elk licenses cost $25 for residents and $250 for nonresidents.

In addition to the 56 licenses drawn, one special Pennsylvania bull elk conservation license was auctioned off by the Safari Club International (SCI) earlier this year at its national convention. 

The Special Conservation Tag was created by an act of the legislature in 2008. The successful bidder paid $29,000 for this license. Of that, 80 percent will go to the agency to fund habitat development and maintenance work within the elk range. By law, SCI is permitted to retain the remaining 20 percent to defray costs associated with promoting the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment