Monday, February 23, 2015

Allegheny sport travel and outdoor show

This weekend I attended the Allegheny sportsman show at the Monroeville Expo center. It's the first time I have been at this event since the early 1990s. I have to say it was a much smaller event than in the past.

The cost of the event was $12 unless you had a $3 off coupon from subway. Fortunately for me, my brother John picked up a few coupons for himself, Adam and me. It was nice walking around and talking with local outfitters as well as outfitters from around the country and even Africa. I had the same question for every outfitter "Is your Lodge wheelchair accessible?" Sadly only a few were.

I bought a nice turkey call that I can attach to my shotgun and produce some nice yelps by pulling the string. Or my hunting partner can simply push the rod.  I will see what technique works out the best with practice.

Although it was a fun day with family, I don't believe it will be a yearly event for me. Maybe next year I will be able to attend the much larger show in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. What are your thoughts on sportsman shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment