Monday, May 9, 2011

Tomorrow's the Day

I usually like the saying " today's the day "  quoting Mel Fisher , but actually tomorrow is the day I go turkey hunting for the first time since my spinal cord injury in 1999.

I have been practicing with my diaphragm call, and I actually sound pretty good.  Unfortunately I do not have full use of my diaphragm, so my calls are a little soft and I run out of air quickly .

 

My Jake decoy is ready to be deployed and the weather forecast looks good for Tuesday.    Tonight I will round up all of my hunting equipment , and get ready for the early-morning wake-up call.

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to take a bird .  It will definitely be exciting being in the ground blind trying to fool old Tom turkey .       

No comments:

Post a Comment