Monday, September 29, 2014

Fairbank Rod and Gun Club Pheasant Hunt


On Saturday September 27th Fairbank Rod and Gun Club held their 3rd annual Western Pa Wounded Warrior pheasant hunt.  I look forward to this event every year. The men and women at Fairbank are excellent host and they simply can't do enough to make sure we all have a fantastic hunt.



It was another great day in the field.  The weather was beautiful and the ringnecks were flying very well for all of us on the hill.The club put out 100 pheasants for our morning hunt.



For the 3rd year in a row I was able to take a pheasant in flight.  I feel I am becoming a better wing shooter and having the right equipment makes all the difference. The last two years I have been using my custom mount and custom bite trigger that my friend Ed Leeper made for me.  I have become a much more confident shooter using this set up.





Everyone had a great time hunting together.  We enjoy our time hunting together and giving advise and encouragement to each other.  On this hunt we had hunters with quadriplegia, blindness, amputations, paraplegia, ptsd,  heck you name it. Together we are strong and for a short while, just hunters and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment