Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Clean Miss

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the ground blind. I love the weather in early October and everything about archery season.




Watching squirrels, groundhogs and of course turkeys while waiting for a mature deer to walk by is how I love to spend my early fall days.



I had the opportunity to harvest a mature Doe last night and missed completely, shooting underneath her. She was at my extreme right as far as visibility and mobility from my ground blind goes. I thought the deer was at 22 yards, turns out she was at 30.



It was a rookie mistake not to range that area over to my far right. I was just not expecting a shot there. Every year I learn something new about archery hunting. Now if I can only remember everything for next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment