Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thankful



I have to say I am so thankful for everyone's assistance. I would not be able to complete this blog or enjoy any of the benefits of the great outdoors without the assistance of friends and family.

I speak with individuals with disabilities who are not as fortunate as I am. They do not have family,  reliable personal care attendants, an adaptive vehicle, a service dog, a power wheelchair etc.  As a high-level quadriplegic (C4/C5) I am dependent on others for assistance with all my activities of daily living.

Every day is a challenge. Chronic pain and fatigue are a constant battle for me. Sometimes people look at my success and compliment me for achieving so much in my life. My success and achievements are the results of a safety net of individuals working on my behalf. There are many days I want to quit, give up and give in to the disability. It's these days that I am thankful to have friends and family support me and assist me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment