Monday, February 17, 2014

Guest Blogger

Hello Accessible Hunter readers. My name is Randy Smith and I hunt, fish and enjoy outdoor activities from a wheelchair.

Greg asked me recently to share my hunting experiences with his audience and of course, I jumped at the chance. Greg's passion for the outdoors is contagious and the man knows his stuff. From deer to gear, he's covered the sport for outdoor enthusiasts faced with mobility challenges. As a guest blogger, I'll strive to meet his high standards.



Beginning February 24th, I'll cover one topic each week about hunting with a physical disability.  I'll go over everything thing you need to get started: Why hunt?, species selection, applying for hunts, choosing weapons and adaptive equipment, tips for using technology, and other necessities. You'll know how to create a safe and enjoyable hunting experience after the series completes.

I'll also discuss how to find accessible locations, hunting strategies, helpful organizations, wildlife conservation and more. I live in Arizona, so western species, terrain and foliage dictate my strategies and techniques. You'll now gain insights into both eastern and western regions from Greg's blog.

A note to readers frustrated by inadequate and expensive adaptive equipment. 3D printing technology promises personalized adaptations and lower prices. I'll cover new developments relevant to adaptive outdoor equipment.

I hope you'll enjoy this series as much as I will. I look forward to answering any questions you may have. Thank you and thank you Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment